The adventures of Sahan Rohanatilaka.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Ian Smith.

I love Ian Smith's cricket commentary. The guy's so alive and passionate. He gets mad at the slightest thing. I'm feeling happier right now. Today was a rainy day and I loved that. I love rainy days. They bring back wonderful memories. And maybe that was the problem. But I'm well now, and cricket had a part to play in that. The New Zealand Black Caps are playing the Aussies tonight. I think this is their 2nd ODI game this tour. I love getting mad with Ian Smith, he says exactly what I'm thinking. I love Dan Vettori, but man, the guy's gotta be more responsible for himself. As a captain you have to know when to settle down and bat mindfully. He really did throw away his wicket tonight. It's disappointing. As a result the Black Caps really had to scrape the bottom of the barrel to get the 241 they ended up with. On the plus side the bowling side is having a whole lot of luck. Two dismissals due to bad umpiring calls. And both too ridiculous to err. As much as I dislike the Aussies, it hurts to see that.

I've recovered quite well from the cold. I'm at 80% health. I think this recovery was long overdue though. Had I taken lots more liquids and more hours of sleep, I would've been this well many days ago. And I could've made it to Wednesday's classes. Oh well. Tomorrow I've got MMA and I'm looking forward to go. I feel as if I haven't kicked ass for ages and I've got the urge to kill! Hopefully I'll be able to jog afterwards too. I want to practice running outside now. My fat-loss regiment is working well, and I think adding long-distance running to my bill should just keep the process going.

I found my copy of Moby Dick in my drawer. After Watership Down I've been searching for a good book. I didn't finish Moby Dick, but I've got through about 160 pages of it a couple of years ago. Should I re-start the book, or continue from where I left off? It's not as if I've forgotten everything. The start was pretty boring anyways.

I really should sleep now. It's pretty damned late. But, fuck, I wanna see the Kiwis pull this shit off tonight. I know they can win this!

No comments: