The adventures of Sahan Rohanatilaka.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

The East Wind.

I wrote this while at work yesterday.

Cute-Indian-Girl-Who's-Scared-of-Me is sitting up head. Pretty-Eastern-European-Girl-Who-Snubs-Me is seated to my left. Little Nog is two tables away, opening up a candy bar. My ears are filled with Gord Downie, so I could care less!

Hello again my friends
I've come to see you again
Like the East Wind
The laziest wind
It doesn't go around you, it goes through you
It doesn't go around you, it goes right through.
Buda dada dum, buda dada dum!

It pours outside. Like a curtain of water, draping out the play. All the actors are still.

Drowned out in this music I feel powerful. As if I'm somewhere they cannot be; somewhere they cannot find me. In my mind I'm standing in the ring, standing above my opponent, screaming in victory, and I see it all in a tableau. Here I am happy.

I wonder what they think I'm writing
...

The List
Julie
Mark from Accounting
Ted, that smug fucker
Barbara from HR
Mr. Chen he gave me a ride that day
Rob, that meathead fucker.


I was thinking of MMA because I was hoping to go that night. As it turned out I did end up going. And I was the happiest all week! I was in my heaven. I enjoyed it so much that I had a dream last night that I was doing the armbar on my dad.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

HAHAHAHAHA I think I understood about 95% of this post! Who is this Little Nog you speak of? :P

And this list... this mysterious list.. it's not the same list Kiddo had is it? o_O

Sahan said...

Haha. I guess I was writing in a hurry so I could get back to work. Yeah, it didn't make much sense now that I read it again.
Little Nog is some custodian who looks just like Little Nog, only Filipino.
I was listening to my song, imagining I was fighting MMA; that's what I was describing.
The list was what I thought people might be thinking of me when they see my write in the lunch room every day. "Why is that weirdo writing all the time?" They probably think I'm making a list of people to kill.