The adventures of Sahan Rohanatilaka.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

1979.

I wrote this during lunch today:

Luuuunch time! Ah, it feels great to get outta there! I am eating some brown rice with chicken, mushrooms, okra, dal, and jackfruit curry. My supervisor wasn't too pleased with me today when I told her I had to go to Martial Arts classes in the evening. That means I'm only doing half an hour of overtime. She looked really disappointed. But I made a choice, to commit to my training, and I can't stop now. I owe Kyoshi too much to give up now. To be honest, I can't wait to see him! Wah, I'm so excited for tonight!

I worked out a lot yesterday, mostly muscle conditioning, but also some cardio. It wasn't enough. I honestly could've gone for another hour (I did 1.5 hours). I stopped because it was getting too late - some freak was waiting online for me. My body feels rigid today, and that's a feeling I missed. I gotta push harder next time. Push it to the limit! Past the point of no return!

I wanna take up guitaring again. Top of the list-of-songs is Simon & Garfunkel. Anything by them, really. I'm gonna be a folk-rock MMA fighter. Part hippie, part killer. Just like Charles Manson.

Why do girls with great butts have awful faces? And why do girls with great faces have awful butts? It seems to be a tradeoff. Oh! Speaking of this, I was bending over to fill up my water bottle when Cute Girl was standing right beside me. I didn't even notice her! I must've been bending over for 30 whole seconds without taking notice. She exudes a weak presence.

The weather outside is so beautiful! It's raining dogs and monkeys! The heavens are pouring forth! Perfect Sahan weather.
Hmm... cute brown girl looking at me, that's twice now. She looks a bit fobby. A bit drama-baggage-ish. Must consider further.

Man, I'm in a good mood today! I dunno what it is.

Booooobiiiiieeeeeesssssss!!!!!!!


For the record, people at work made a big fuss about me leaving early. I pretty much had to apologize to every person so I could pry myself outta there. But it was all worth it. MMA was terrific! I didn't get much of a workout though. I miss cardio kickboxing so much. I hope I don't spiral downwards. At least I get to fight in MMA, that's what's most important.

Today I did my first Axe Kick. Unfortunately it landed right on Frank's head. I just saw him get clonked and stumble backwards. I ran, grabbed his head, and caressed the spot I hit with my heel. I never realized how powerful a kick it was. Then we did some grappling work on the ground. We found a way to get out of the Rear-Naked Choke. I loved it! It worked really well. But the timing has to be just right and the movement fluid. It probably won't work 7 out of 10 times.

Also for the record, the cute brown girl (the new one who was looking at me) had a ring on her finger. So forget that shit.

I want to take some of my Smashing Pumpkins cds to work to listen on the drive. A couple of songs came on this week and I realized how much I missed those guys. Man, it just hits the spot. Right there, aww yeah.

2 comments:

bespectacled squid said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bespectacled squid said...

WHY THE HELL DID IT DELETE MY COMMENT. ARGH.